Monday, July 13, 2015

Week #50 - “Rise up and Become the Person You Were Meant To Be.” Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf

July 13, 2015

Hey Mom and Dad - Thanks for your email! and thank you for the story from President Uchtdorf about becoming like the Apostle Peter. I love Pres. Uchtdorf I don't know how anyone couldn't love him! That sounds like a really cool talk and I'll look forward to reading the whole thing--thanks for sending it! I've noticed how much of a learning lesson our mistakes are in life. There are a lot of things that I have learned by falling and stumbling the first time.  But getting back up again and doing better the next time. 
We went to SM again this week which is really weird since It feels like we were just there. Had a great McDonalds lunch and did a lot of lagaw lagaw at the mall haha it is fun to go there once a month. (Note from Mom: It took me awhile but I finally figured out what "lagaw lagaw" means - it's "strolling" haha)
 

This week we had a lot of good lessons with our cool investigators. W.P. has always been fun to teach and she was able to meet with us 3 times this week which hasn't happened in a long time because she been so busy. We read with her in the B.O.M. and answered some of her questions she has from her studying. Her husband told us this week how he feels about us teaching her. He is [another prominent religion] and his family has been [another prominent religion] since the beginning of time and he basically told us there is no chance of him ever being baptized because of that. He's an awesome guy, but he's not real excited about his wife investigating our religion but he likes us and likes having us come over. So there you go. But we've planted a seed and hopefully some day something will be able to happen there.
We also taught our other super cool investigator family who are also [another prominent religion] as well. They seem to really enjoy learning about the gospel and also really enjoy having us at their house. Surprisingly the mom sends her kids to church with us and she has even come a few times herself. They always treat us like kings when we visit and they won't let us leave their house unless we eat all of the food they put in front of us. haha They are such a super nice family and we always have a lot of fun with them. 
I got sick on Wednesday which sucked. So we had to stay in the house all day.  My stomach wasn't feeling well at all and I had a headache big time. Luckily the next day it faded off and we were able to get back to work. One of our inactive families we've been working with who haven't been to church in a long time and kind of turned us down a few months ago, actually let us come and visit them twice this week! And they were really fun to visit and invited us to come back again. So that was cool.  Later on we ran into another of our inactive member's who hasn't been to church in a really long time She was walking to go get her water and she didn't look very happy. So we stopped to chat with her and we offered to help her carry her water up the hill to her house. It is just her and two kids. She is a really nice lady, but very busy so we only get to see her every now and then. I'm so glad we ran into her when we did and had the chance to help her.


Other then that I can't think of anything else too interesting to write about.  I'm looking forward to the transfer this week. I'm ready to experience something new in my mission. I've been with Elder F for 3 transfers now and also been in my 2nd area for 4 transfers, so it's looking like this will be my last Monday in Passi. Transfers are on the 16th--so I'll let you know next week what happens!
By-the-Way thanks Mom for all your help with my debit card and everything else you do for me. I hope you aren't getting sick of having to do all this stuff for me haha cuz I sure need your help a lot! Love you and appreciate you tons!

Love Elder Rasmussen.

No comments:

Post a Comment