Thursday, May 21, 2015

Week #42 - “Those Who Say It Can’t Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Ones Doing It.”

May 18, 2015

Hi Mom and Dad!

I loved Skyping home last week too! Even though I was a little homesick afterwards it wasn't near as bad as it was at Christmas! After going back to our area I got busy doing laundry and then had to hurry and prepare for my District Leader lesson the following day. So I managed to get over my homesickness by staying busy.  I am getting better at it, so not too much of a worry. We didn't get much sleep the night before, so I was tired out of my mind!  We had the ZLs with us Monday and Tuesday night because they worked with us on Tuesday. It was a lot of fun! We went out with Elder Swan (the one that you saw on skype that thought Hayley was really cute haha) he showed us a few new things they do to talk to people and invite people to be baptized. It helped me just to forget about what people think or say and just laugh off the stupid stuff that happens like getting rejected and frowned at. It's amazing, but I really don't worry about that anymore which is nice because it makes it easier to talk to people and to help more people.


The following days we did a lot of tracting and finding new people which was pretty fun. We did have contact with this one annoying lady who was one of the most proud people I've ever met, and NOT in a good way. Most Filipinos are very friendly and polite, but this lady needed some lessons on how to be nice.  She listened to us but basically just fired back at us with a bunch of rude garbage. My companion gets mad so quick when people aren't nice to us haha and I could tell he was getting hot under the collar. I had to look over at him and calmly say "Elder, its ok" haha we laughed about it afterward, but honestly, she was a challenge to be patient with. We left a Book of Mormon with her Dad because I knew she wanted to read it but was too proud to accept it from us. So I considered that a victory.We did a ton of walking this week which really made us tired for a few days. I was so tired I almost fell asleep in the lessons haha so we didnt do much walking yesterday to try and recover from all that.

Today is very hot so I'm so glad to be in the A/C right now :) We planned on going to some caves today but will most likely wait until next week.

Yesterday we met a guy from Texas who served his mission here in Passi 20 years ago. He came to visit the families he baptized. It was really surreal to see pictures of him 20 years ago and then see him in person with the families he taught and baptized so many years ago! Now those families have a few RM's of their own and are 2 of the strongest families in the ward. That's pretty cool and really inspiring!











Questions:
#1 - What made you laugh this week? - We had some great laughs with the ZL's Elder Orr and Elder Swan. They are pretty funny guys.
#2 - What was your best day this past week? - The best day was Tuesday when we got to work with the ZL's and learn from them.

Ill send some pictures to you today. Glad you got my letter. 
Love Elder Rasmussen
 
Here are some pics from Zone Meeting a couple of weeks ago:
 


 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hope you don't mind me stalking this blog. I was searching the internet for news about the areas I served in while I was on my mission back in 2005-07, and I stumbled onto this blog! I served in Passi back in 2007 for about 3 months. I became a District Leader there too! It's really neat to see the progress that has taken place in just 8 years. In fact, back then, Passi was part of the Bacolod mission. It looks like there are two sets of missionaries in Passi now. When I was there it was just me and my companion. Also, it looks like Passi is a ward now! It was just a branch of about 30-40 active members when I was there! Sorry for all the exclamation points, it's just so exciting to see the progress in the area in such a short time. Let me know if you or your son would like to see some pictures I took while I was in the area.

    ReplyDelete