Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Week #58 God's Plan Of Happiness

September 8, 2015
Hey Mom and Dad! Your trip sounds and looks like a lot of fun I'm pretty jealous. I love the pictures of beautiful America! I'm glad you had fun though! That's cool about the Sister Missionaries you met in Oregon. What a coincidence that her sister served here in Iloilo. I guarantee I would know the name of her Sister that served here, so if you find out from her let me know.

This week my companion and I spent four days straight in the same area teaching our investigators and preparing them for baptism which are scheduled for September 26th! We have 3 people we're preparing right now. There is a man named Roger, and a couple (the B family) whose names are Joy and Jenicar and they are also getting married the same day they are baptised, so that's awesome! I'm so happy for all of them!  One of the greatest blessings of being a missionary is watching how the gospel changes people's lives and how they radiate happiness. I've watched it happen over and over again. Although the Word of Wisdom stuff can be the most dramatic changes people make, there are other subtle changes you notice with them and their families--the smiles, the love, the happiness. It's all there. I can't imagine not living my life close to Heavenly Father's teachings. I know I was never "Peter Priesthood" nor will I likely ever be, but when I come home from my mission you will probably notice that I'm going to be a little different. I'll still be me, but just a better version of me (I hope) and I hope I can be a good example to my family. I will always stay close to the gospel of Jesus Christ and live my life the way Heavenly Father wants me to because I this is God's plan of happiness. Mosiah 2:41 “I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness.”

Anyhow, one funny thing that happened this week is we rode in vans to get to our area for the first time and it felt pretty good to sit inside a car for a change,  even though it was packed full of 19 people like a sardine can! haha. Look up Nissan Urvan and you'll see how small the van was haha but its not too bad because all the other people are pretty small (except me of course)!

One of our housemates got emergency transferred today so we have a new guy in the house named Elder Malaca and he is Elder Seeds new comp. P-day has been pretty good so far but we have so much more to do like laundry and cleaning the house, so I know I'll be wiped out and ready for bed tonight just like every Monday!

Sorry I can't send any pictures right now, this place is pretty sketchy and I don't trust this computer is virus free. I will hopefully get on a better computer tonight and send some pictures.

Thanks Mom for your help with my BYU application. I will get to work on those essay questions as soon as I can.  I think I may have to just write them out by hand and send them through the mail. Would that be ok?
I hope you all have a great week. Love you lots!
Elder Rasmussen


No comments:

Post a Comment