Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Week #69 - "...if any man serve me, him will my Father honor." John 12:26

December 7, 2015

Kamusta Family! 

This week  was super quick!  It went by just like nothing! I got sick (just a head cold) for a few days and that kind of made the work slow for me during those days, but I feel great now so I was happy that cold went away quick. The day I got sick we worked for a couple of hours until I just decided it would be better to go home because I just felt really crappy and not up to working. 

We did not have too much luck it seemed like the first couple of days of the week and honestly I can't remember too much about them except for the time that we spent in the area called Panayakan working with our golden investigators who never fail to impress me with how smart and quick to understand they are! I always look forward to teaching Jane and Rhea May and it made me realize how thankful I am to have found the perfect people who are ready to receive the gospel. During our lessons with them, the spirit is always present and so strong, even though their house is right next to a really noisy highway When we told them about their baptismal date for Christmas Day Jane was more than excited and was way happy about it! They both come to church by themselves and participate in the classes and everything. It's just really awesome and exciting!





Yesterday (Sunday) we had a lesson with another family who we are discovering to have some pretty strange beliefs haha but they are very kind and so we have continued to visit and teach them. I was having a hard time answering their questions in my Tagalog/Illonggo mix of words but luckily Bro. Vaugn jumped in the lesson and helped them understand what missionaries do and how we can best help them. Sometimes it really sucks not to be able to express everything I want to say or answer the questions very well. I love to practice teaching with my companion because we can speak English so it helps to memorize the doctrine and lessons much more easily, but this new mix of Tagalog/Aklanon in this area is really a challenge for me coming from an area where everyone spoke Ilonggo and I was getting pretty good at it! Dang! LOL



Our Kalibo zone practiced a skit for the Christmas conference next week. I'm so glad there are people who like to do skits and stuff, because I sure don't. I guess you know how I feel when it comes to that kind of crap :) That much has not changed about me! LOL But I am trying to have a good attitude and I'm participating and doing my best even though it's basically torture for me. haha

That's all I can think of for this week. I have heard that we won't be able to email next week since we'll be in Iloilo for the Christmas Conference. I'll send a quick note if I get a chance. Love you all!
Elder Rasmussen 

No comments:

Post a Comment