Monday, May 9, 2016

Week #89 - "Pray With Our Eyes On God..."

May 2, 2016

Hi Mom and Dad!
Looks like you sure had a good time riding with the Seeds and Martinsons.  You guys are all so bundled up in coats! It's looks like it was really cold! I wish I was there to soak up that cold air!! haha

This was a long slow week that wasn't much different than the weeks before companionship wise. I'm hoping for a miracle that a transfer will happen this week for us but it may not be until next week so I'll just have to battle it out :) I don't have much to say about what's been going on but I'm ok and we're still working in our area so that's all that matters I guess.

One highlight of the week was going with Elder Talactac this last Tuesday working in my area and we had a blast! Nanay Ramos, another super nice lady in the ward, took us around to meet some members I had never been to before and she got us into their houses for which we are thankful because without her it wouldn't have happened! She is a very sweet lady! That is so nice that she sent you a note on Facebook. I felt really comfortable talking to people with Elder Talactac and we found some really cool people. We happened upon 2 of these college aged girls while we were walking down a road looking for a way to get back onto the main road. I feel like we were led right to them because they were in the middle of a very quiet neighborhood that I had never been to before and they just happened to be walking down the road and they wanted to talk to us.  They ended up being super friendly and kept asking really good questions about the gospel. Lots of things like that have happened in my mission that convinces me that missionaries are led to certain people and certain times!






The rest of the week was super slow (you know why) except for Sunday which I was actually nervous about because we went on a split again and I always worry about having appointments and places to go when members work with us. It ended up working out great though and it was a lot of fun working with them and of course a relief to be around other people. My confidence in leading was really brought out to view to myself which is good because I doubt myself sometimes. I had lots of great experiences that help me overcome my weaknesses even though sometimes it seems like the opposite!

I was able to do a little service this week for the local members.  At the church there was a lock on the gate that some little kids put a piece of plastic in so it was jammed and nobody was able to fix it for like 4 weeks.  I decided to spend some time working on yesterday and it took awhile but I was finally able to get the lock un-jammed and fixed it! I really enjoy doing little jobs like that! The leaders were so happy to have the gate open again, and I was happy I could help fix it for them.
Here's the answers to your questions Mom:
#1 - What made you laugh this week? Working with members and visiting some of the youth that made me laugh with the things they said. Elder Talactac cracked me up when I was working with him too. 
#2 - What was your most favorite teaching moment this week? teaching those 2 college girls about the BOM. They were way surprised when I told them a resurrected prophet showed Joseph smith where the plates were and that we would be resurrected too!
#3 - What lesson do you enjoy teaching the most? The Restoration. 
#4 - What are you doing for PDay today? Are you playing any sports? Not much. I will sometimes go running at the church. Today after emailing we will eat then later we have an FHE where we'll probably eat again!
#5 - Have you had any zone activities or district activity in Molo yet? Not yet. We may go to Guimaras in 2 weeks which I'm way excited for! I'll get to eat Mango and see my native land. 

Well, that's about this for this week. I thought of a couple things if you end up sending me another package. Please Send some pop tarts (whatever flavor) and can you send those taffy cookies we always got when we were camping? I've been thinking of those a lot lately! Thanks mom :) Love Michael




No comments:

Post a Comment