Sunday, July 24, 2016

Week #99 You know it, But Do You Believe it?

July 11, 2016
Hi Mom and Dad - Loved all the pictures you sent from your trip! That's cool Uncle Richard has all those R/C planes! Do you think he could help me get mine in the air when I get home?
Climbing For Coconuts!
We had a great week here in Molo and had tons of success. The best day was again Sunday like last week but the other days were full of goodies as well (even though I struggle to remember them). The weekdays are the most difficult days to get things done or have any kind of lesson with non members because people are busy and have lots of excuses for not listening to us. Most of our time goes into teaching less actives and talking to people but in the night time we are able to teach our investigators who are doing really good right now. 

A typhoon went through the Philippines this week so it rained for several days in a row. It slows the work down even more but I still like rain storms. While we were talking to a guy we had met it was pouring rain and there was tons of lightning with really loud thunder. After that we were thinking about going home but decided to get one last lesson in and the Lord blessed us with the spirit so we had a great lesson with the P family about the Book of Mormon. 
Yesterday was so awesome! We had 6 investigators come to church and three of them we had only visited once. It was such a great surprise to them there! We get told all the time from people we invite to church that they will "try" to come to church and that usually means they aint' comin'-- but these people did and we were way happy to see them. Just clear evidence of God preparing the right people at the right time to receive the gospel.



Brother B. never ceases to impress me with his faith and humility and sincerity in accepting the Gospel. We taught him about the Word of Wisdom this week.  He drinks coffee and occasionally drinks beer but even with those things he has willingly accepted the Gospel and said he would quit drinking those things. When I told him coffee is bawal (not allowed) he said "well that's ok I'll just drink something else like tea" haha so I kinda laughed and said "then you'll like the next one! Tea is also bawal". But it didn't even phase him and he still said he'd avoid drinking those things. I used to be a little shy about telling people not to drink that stuff since its so hard for so many people but now I don't even flinch because I know it's true and God will bless them for sacrificing those things.
I keep receiving more and more confirmations that the Gospel is true and that God lives. I don't think it's inaccurate to say I was a bit spiritually blind before my mission. This past 2 years I've grown so close to my Heavenly Father and I've been blessed with a testimony and knowledge of the truth. There's still a lot I don't know and understand all the way, but I've learned so much during my mission and I'm so grateful to have the gospel in my life. I know that my lack of understanding will diminish as I keep progressing and stay true to my covenants. I'll never fall away from the church or my testimony. I know it and I believe it. Love you lots and miss you tons! Elder Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment