Saturday, April 9, 2016

Week #82 “Kindness is Powerful.” Elder Dallin H. Oaks

March 14, 2016

Hey Mom and Dad!

We had a good week and a lot of fun. Preparing people for baptism in the beginning of the week and then on Friday we baptized Bhing and Sassy who were way happy and Sassy was crying during her testimony. They're just really awesome people.

We went on a split in Buruanga on Thursday and that was fun! I interviewed their investigators for baptism and then we got fed a really good dinner by some awesome members in their area. Most everyone is a recent convert but they are way converted and they inspire me! We played some frisbee at the school field in the morning and then went home so we could get our baptism going. I had a lot of fun with KC Villanueva yesterday he came with me and my comp went with another member. Feels great to visit really nice people.

I've been reading a book called "Lord Increase Our Faith" by Neal A. Maxwel. I really love it. I wish now I had taken the time before my mission to read more. I could have been so much better prepared. But better late than never I guess.



Today we went to our church in Tangalan and played basketball with some members. Its starting to get really really hot here with summer coming. March through June are really hot months :) 

Our investigator Bhing showed us her intestine that is coming out of her stomach haha sounds weird and it really is but that was a little interesting fact of our week! She had surgery 2 years ago but doesn't have the money to get it fixed yet so she has a plastic bag that hangs on her stomach where all of her bodily waste goes. She's got a positive attitude about it though, she's an amazing lady :)

Sorry, I'm having a hard time remembering anything else from the week to tell you. Hope you had a great week! Love and miss you all lots!
Elder Rasmussen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment