Saturday, April 9, 2016

Week #83 “Fight All Your Battles On Your Knees”

March 21, 2016

 Hey Mom and Dad! Sorry I don't have much to talk about this week because I was sick all week! Monday night I started feeling crappy then on Tuesday I still wasn't feeling very hot but I had prepared a very nice district meeting so I had to do that and it did turn out great :) After that though we just stayed in the house because the heat was killing me and I had a fever. The only days we ended up working were Thursday, Friday and Sunday for a few hours because I was sick and tired of being in the house so long! I ended up feeling crappy again though while we were working and my fever came back so I was worried I might have dengue or something else. Thankfully it wasn't dengue. I guess just the flu, but I felt awful and it lasted a long time! Once our investigators found out I was sick they offered to bring me food and stuff and Brother Vaughn has been helping me too, as well as the owner of our house who I will miss when I leave she is the kindest lady I've met here. And that's saying something!

On Thursday I got a text from President Aquino telling me I would be transferring on Friday and I was still sick so I called him and asked if i could stay longer until I recover so I'll be here until Wednesday. My new area is Molo in Iloilo so I'm happy Ill be speaking Ilonggo again but I'm going to the hottest place on the island during the hottest time of the year haha I hope I don't die!

My replacement here came on Friday his name is Elder Dapat so we've been a 3 man companionship the last few days which has been fun. That's pretty much whats been going on lately. I'll for sure miss the people in Tangalan just like I miss all my friends I've made in my last 3 areas, but I'm looking forward to meeting new people and working in Iloilo for the first time since my first day here.

Did you think I would forget your birthday Mom? I didn't! Happy birthday to you tomorrow! I can never repay you for all you've done for me. Love you lots and hope you have a great day!

Love Elder Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment